Who should use Loansome Doc?
Those individuals who have a Medical Sciences Library affiliations, but do not have a NetID and password. NetID holder, see below.
- Texas veterinarians and CVM DVM alumni
- Texas healthcare professionals
- Members of professional veterinary organizations that have a memorandum of understanding with the Medical Sciences Library.
Registered for Loansome Doc
- Register for Loansome Doc
- Click Get Started.
- Don't search for MSL - ignore the fill in box.
In the text at the right, under "Do you already know the library you wish to use?", click the link Enter your Library Identifier.
- Enter the code TXUTAM.
- Use the same code as the Authorization Code.
- A Get It For Me account is required for Loansome Doc requests to be filled.
Register for Get It For Me
- Be sure you are set up in Loansome Doc with MSL as your library.
If you are unsure call 979-845-7428 during business hours (Mon - Fri, 8am - 5 pm) for assistance.
- Go to Get It For Me and register as an MSL Affiliate.
Click MSL Affiliate Login and click the First Time Users link under the login area.
Complete the form.
- Your Loansome Doc and Get It For Me usernames must be the same.
- Your passwords may be different.
Why NetID holders don't need Loansome Doc
- Those individuals with access to library e-resources through a NetID and password can use the authenticated PubMed link.
- You will be able to use the Full Text @TAMU icon to the right of the article abstract to get to full text or send a request to Get It For Me for an item we do not have in our collection, thus eliminating the need for Loansome Doc.
Need more help
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us: