TexShare is a program of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission in partnership with academic and public libraries in Texas.
Texas A&M participates in TexShare’s reciprocal borrowing program that allows affiliated TAMU College Station and TAMU Health Sciences library users to to check out materials for research and study needs with a TexShare Card. Individual libraries set their own guidelines pertaining to how many items can be checked out and for how long. You must go to the participating library to check out and return materials.
TexShare is a free service. You may obtain a TexShare Card with proof of identification:
- In person at the main service desk in the Evans Library (phone 979-845-3731) or Medical Sciences Library Client Services Center (phone 979-845-7428) or,
- HSC distance faculty, staff, students and residents may fax a copy of your ID and the signed TexShare card application form to 979-845-0923
- Evans, WCL, PSEL patrons may fax the completed TexShare card application form to 979-845-6238.
By participating in the TexShare program you agree:
- to return materials to the library they were checked out from in person or by other methods outlined in the library's lending policy.
- to be responsible for any charges for late, damaged or lost materials.
TexShare Cards expire at the end of the semester for students and at the end of the fiscal year (August 31) for all others.
Need more help
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us: