What is ENVI?
ENVI (an acronym for "Environment for Visualizing Images") is a software application used to process and analyze geospatial imagery. It is commonly used by remote sensing professionals and image analysts.
How to access ENVI?
All TAMU students can access ENVI via Texas A&M VOAL under the "Geosciences" Option and you are able to use this license away from campus.
Please follow the steps:
1. Login in to VOAL by using your NetID: (https://voal.tamu.edu/)
*Note: By clicking on “VOAL Setup Information”, you are able to receive step-by-step downloading help based on your type of PC.
2. After login in, you will choose either download VMware Horizon Client program or use web access. Start the downloading process and when finished, save all work and log off of the device. If using an application, simply close the application. There is a Step-by-Step Instruction on how to download VOAL to your Mac.
3. Open your VMware Horizon Client and log in on your device, then choose Geosciences Option.
4. After connecting to the Geoscience VOAL, do search ENVI at the search bar, you will find the program here.
5. Click the program and you are ready to go!
We hope this instruction can help you access ENVI successfully. If you still have a problem using ENVI, please reach out to Maps & GIS at Evans Library.
Need more help
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us: