Renewal limits depend on your status, the type of item being renewed, and the item's home library. Please see our Checkout Privileges & Loan Periods page for detailed information.
Affiliated Users (current students, faculty, staff)
- Log in to your MyLibrary Record (also available as a link on the Library's homepage)
- Click on the book icon next to the total of your currently charged items or the My Record option from the menu.
- Click on the Renew button next to a specific item to renew only that item, or the Renew All Items to renew all items.
Your Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items will also be listed on your MyLibrary Record. To renew an ILL item, click on the listing in MyLibrary to be linked through to your Get It For Me account. If the item is renewable there will be a Renew Request button at the top of the page. ILL items have a maximum of 1 renewal, and some may not be renewed at all. All ILL renewals are provisional, pending approval of the lending institution.
Non-Affiliated Users (former students, community users, TexShare, etc.)
This method may also be used by affiliated users if you experience issues with the MyLibrary interface. (ILL items will not be shown in the catalog account record)
- Log in to LibCat My Account (for Evans, WCL, or PSEL items) or MSL Catalog My Account (for MSL items). These links are also available at the bottom of their respective catalog pages.
- Select one or multiple individual items using the checkboxes next to the titles (the Select All checkbox is non-functional) and click the Renew? link to renew items.
If you are unable to renew your items through either of the above methods, you can submit a Renewal Request form, contact us by phone at 979.845.3731 (979.845.7428 for MSL renewal issues), or stop by any Library service desk.
Need more help
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us: