Write-N-Cite is a toolbar in MS Word that allows you to easily cite articles within your RefWorks account into your document. If you do not have administration rights to your computer here is the End User License Agreement to show to IT personnel.
Step 1: Download Write N Cite
- In RefWorks, Click on Tools tab
- Select Write-N-Cite
- Click on Write-N-Cite for Mac (top right corner)
- Copy the Write-N-Cite login code shown on Left Column
- Click on Download Now
Step 2: Install Write-N-Cite
- Do not install Write-N-Cite with Microsoft Word running.
- If you have an earlier version of Write-N-Cite 2, uninstall it before continuing. Future updates to the new Write-N-Cite can be installed over the current version.
- Write-N-Cite for Mac is compatible with OS X 10.5, 10.6 & 10.7 (Leopard, Snow Leopard & Lion). It works as a plugin for Microsoft Word 2008 and 2011.
After downloading WnC4Install.dmg from the download page…
- Mount the disk image by double clicking it in Finder. Some browsers, like Safari may offer to mount the disk image for you.
- In the disk image, open the Write-N-Cite 4.mpkg file by double clicking.
- You will be prompted to run a program to determine if the software can be installed. Press Continue.
- Follow the steps of the installer.
- When the installer has completed open Microsoft Word. If the Write-N-Cite toolbar is not displayed, you can find it and enable it under the menu item View->Toolbars->Write-N-Cite.
Step 3: Log into your account
- Login to your RefWorks account by clicking the login button on the toolbar.
- You can enter your Group Code (rwtamu for TAMU Libraries), Login Name & Password or you can use the Login Code as copied from the Write-N-Cite download page.
- If you did not copy your Login Code before, you can get a new code from the Write-N-Cite download page at any time. Each code is specific to your account and expires after 4 hours if not used.
- After installing and logging in, there’s no need to log out when using your personal computer. Your account will stay tied to the computer across sessions until you choose to log out.
Need more help
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us: