Study carrels are available in the Evans Library to meet the research needs of faculty and advanced graduate students. The carrels are not meant to be used as general office space. Carrels are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Faculty members (including visiting scholars) may check out a carrel for a specific research project by turning in a request form at the Evans AskUs Desk.
- G7 or G8 graduate students may request a carrel for the purpose of conducting specific research or writing a thesis or dissertation. Graduate students will need to submit both a request form and a letter from their department head or committee chair.
The letter must:
- be on official department letterhead
- be from the student's department head or committee chair
- be currently dated (past month is acceptable)
- verify that the student has completed all of their classwork and is now working on their thesis or dissertation
- estimate the completion date or length of need
- Honors Students also may request a study carrel by presenting a letter from the Undergraduate Honors Office requesting it.
Please see our Carrel Procedures and Guidelines for full use policies.
Need more help
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us: