You can find cataloged material owned by Cushing Memorial Library and Archives by searching in LibCat.
How to Use LibCat for Cushing Material
- Go to LibCat: https://libcat.tamu.edu/vwebv/searchAdvanced
- Use the advanced search.
- This will limit the amount of results to those that pertain to more directly to your search.
- Make sure to specify “Cushing Library” for “Location:” in the pull-down menu.
- You can play around with the results you pull up by selecting different options in the various pull-down menus.
- Find Material.
- Look throughout the results to find the material you would like to use.
- When you are in a particular record, click “Full View” to view additional information in the record about that item.
- Request Material.
When you find something you would like to see, here is the following information Public Services staff will need in order to retrieve the material for you:
- Author (if there is one)
- The Collection name (this appears in the section “Location:” right after the text “Cushing Library/” and before “(Does not check out)”
- The Call number
- Specify any volumes you would like to see if there is more than one.
- Search within “Subjects” to find similar materials.
- Refine your results by selecting different options in “Sort By,” including “Author,” “Title,” “Publish Date (newest first),” and “Publish Date (oldest first).”
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us:
Search Our FAQs