How to Use Flickr For Cushing Materials
- To search these images, make sure you select the icon of a magnifying glass halfway down the page and to the right.
This will ensure that you are only searching within Cushing’s Flickr, rather than all of Flickr. This will bring up a blue block within the larger search box at the top of the page that reads “Cushing Memorial… | Photos.” Make sure this blue box shows up before you do any searching for images; otherwise, you will be searching all of Flickr.
You may also browse images by viewing albums on various subjects.
- Click on the item you want to view.
The image you selected will appear on the page with metadata below.
- Save the image.
If you would like to have a copy of the digital file, you may select the download button (just under the image on the right).
- Request a higher quality scan of material.
If you find an image that you would like to request we provide a higher-resolution scan that that you would like to have a high resolution scan of, you will need the following information to submit your request for duplication:
- The URL for the page
- The name of the photograph (words following “Title:”)
- The “Date Issued:”
- The “Format Medium:”
- All the information listed after “Identifier:”
Example of the information needed using this image of Cushing Memorial Library and Archives:
- The URL for the page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cushinglibrary/4055649395/in/album-72157622565646603/
- The name of the photograph (words following “Title:”): Cushing Library - 5
- The “Date Issued:” 2009-09
- The “Format Medium:” 4x5
- All the information listed after “Identifier:” Photograph Location: Cushing Library-5
Once you have this information, see our FAQ on Duplication for how to use this information to request the high-quality scan.
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us:
Search Our FAQs