Updates to library resource security processes in June 2018 are causing an error message to display stating "Your connection is not private." This occurs when your browser loads a cached page (stored before the security update) for the resource instead of opening a fresh page. To resolve this error in most browsers:
- Clear your browser cache and cookies. Be sure to clear everything, not just the current day or week.
- Close all your browser windows and start a fresh browser session.
Firefox may not completely clear the data. If you continue to see the error, please try the following:
- Go to Firefox menu (three stacked horizontal bars upper right side of toolbar).
- Select Settings, about three-quarters way down under Zoom.
- Click Privacy & Security on the left-side navigation.
- Scroll down to Cookies and Site Data.
- Click the Mange Data button and a window will open.
- In the search box, type tamu.edu
- Click Remove All Shown.
- Click Save Changes.
- A message will display showing the data to be removed. Click Remove to complete the process.
- Close all Firefox windows and start a fresh session.
You may need to do this for any browsers you commonly used to access library resources.
If you need assistance, please AskUs for help.
Need more help
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us: