The NIH data management and sharing policy, effective Jan 25, 2023, requires a data management and sharing plan (DMSP) for all NIH proposals that will produce scientific data. Whenever possible, data should be shared in repositories, emphasizing real digital preservation and FAIR data.
The following resources are available to support the development of a DMSP:
- The Libraries DMP guide offers a suite of resources for DMP development.
- DMPTool is an online platform guiding DMP development according to the requirements of specific funding agencies. Use the NIH-GEN DMSP (Forthcoming 2023) template for step-by-step instructions.
- TAMU STAR System offers resources for budgeting the technological infrastructure needed for research projects.
- TAMU NIH Data Sharing and Management Planning Resources Guide is a general presentation focusing on the DMSP and TAMU Resources to help prepare.
- NIH hosts and records workshops on DMSP development and provides additional guidance on The NIH Data Sharing website.
Need more help
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us: