Food for Fines is an annual program run by the Libraries that allows you to donate food items in return for reducing your Library fines. Donations go to the 12th Can Food Pantry.
In 2020 Food for Fines will run from February 1st to February 29th.
A maximum of $75 dollars can be reduced via the program. Unless otherwise noted, you will be credited $1 per item donated. Food for Fines donations can not be applied to processing/replacement fees for lost items.
Examples of accepted items:
*No glass containers, no open or repackaged items, no expired items*
- Peanut butter
- Canned meat (any size)
- Canned vegetables (10 oz or two cans)
- Canned fruit (10 oz or two cans)
- Ramen Noodles (two packages)
- Canned soups
- Mashed potatoes
- Any kind of pasta
- Spaghetti sauce
- Macaroni and cheese
- Boxed drinks and juices (minimum 4 pack)
- Vienna sausages
- Box or bag of Rice
- Box of Pop tarts, Granola bars, Power bars, Cereal bars
- The acceptance of bars is upon the discretion of the staff member at the desk processing the Food for Fines.
Need more help
Not the answer you were looking for? Search for more answers below, or contact us: